Hard of Hearing Concerns - All Posts

Thank you for your patience. Posting is restored.

If you have problems receiving your password via email, please ensure that feedback@hohadvocates.org is not marked as spam by your email client.

Registration now required for posting.

Hard of Hearing Advocates Home Page
Read These Posting Guidelines
Feedback on this Message Board / Report Abuse

Subject :  cables and software for tuning aids
posted by warrenhogan on Tue Aug 9, 2005 3:52 am
does anybody on the board know how i can get hold of releveant noah software and cables to tune my aids personally. software and cables must be for gn resound air's.

i know about the website www.noah3.com , but i am unsure whether the software can be downloading here for personal use.

also, what is the name of the electronic device used for connecting the aids to a pc and where do i go about getting these. maybe looking on ebay?

Kind regards,

Warren

Subject :  Re: cables and software for tuning aids
posted by rugo (GUESTUSER_USERNAME) on Tue Aug 9, 2005 5:44 am
First of all you need MADSEN's HiPro box to be able programming your aid. (To get it quite hard)
If you have HiPro you can connect it by a null modem cable to your PC's serial port.
Then you need another cable to connect to your aid to HiPro (this cable may accessible from DELTEK http://www.deltekelectronics.com/deltekelectronics-apps/product.jsp?id=22 its price is around $20)
NOAH is a "frame" program to handle all works around patients. Not absolutely needed if you can obtain the stand alone version of fitting software for your specified aid.
For GNResound you will need AVENTA. You can download it from here: http://www.gnresound.com.cn/support/download.htm
(Do not worry. It is a Chinese site. When your system wants to install Chinese character set just cancel it, then click on the strange 'text' next to AVENTA. Download will start...It is quite big ~25-30 Mb and the site is very slow, be patient!)
When you install the downloaded software you can select language. Do not need to start learn Chinese :)
good luck
bye

posted by JHP (GUESTUSER_USERNAME) on Tue Aug 9, 2005 5:50 am
Here's the web site with information about the Hi-Pro interface Box.
http://www.gnotometrics.com/products_old/fitting_testing/fitting/hipro.htm

JHP

posted by Ed (GUESTUSER_USERNAME) on Tue Aug 9, 2005 6:44 am
If any of you that read this are with the DOJ (Dept. of Justice), FTC, or FDA, please note the restraint of trade implications for the legal owner of a hearing aid in obtaining the absolutely necessary software and hardware for the maintenance of said hearing aid. (Robinson-Patman and other statues.)??? In the vernacular: "It stinks!" Ed

Subject :  Re: cables and software for tuning aids - Noah3
posted by Roscoe on Tue Aug 9, 2005 12:26 pm

You can download and install Noah3. It will run as a demo for 45 days. If you install on Windows Me or earlier version, you can set the date back to the day after you used it last and extend the demo time.

When it finally locks you out, reformat, reinstall and you can go again.

Of course, the owners don't want the product to be used professionally without payment.

posted by rugo (GUESTUSER_USERNAME) on Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:10 pm
If you do not run an audi 'shop' then forget NOAH! (Do not worth to take trouble with it)
Find standalone fitting software for your specific aid!
(for GNResound, Phonak and Siemens I'm sure they have, for others should try to find) Noah only needed if no standalone fitting software available.

posted by warrenhogan on Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:47 pm
thanks again guys for the information

i will download the stand alone software from the gn site. i've also located a site in the US that is selling a refurbished HIPRO box for $365 + shipping. but that feels a little expensive for second hand so im gonna keep peeping at ebay over the next few months in the hope that i'll find something cheap.

i'll let you all know any developments.

posted by rugo (GUESTUSER_USERNAME) on Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:23 pm
$365 is not a bad price! (I was looking for HiPro more than half year. I could even see the box - also from second hand- over $1000)
On e-bay box prices -what I've seen- also were much over.($475 or more)

posted by warrenhogan on Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:32 am
my mistake, the hipro box is actually listed at $625... not $325!

don't suppose their is any users on the board who would be willing to lend me theirs?

warren

posted by rugo (GUESTUSER_USERNAME) on Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:37 am
You can try to send out letters to audies to offer you are going to buy their old, not used but working HiPro box. (On the net you can find names/addresses/e-mails)
I used this method, have sent out more than 100 letters (!) then after some waiting I received a reply where audi accepted my offer. (Now I have the box, its cost was $250 for me)
To borrow a box is probably not suitable...Usually needed lot of time to tweaking the aid, try out all mainingful settings. I suggest try to get your own. (Not easy to get one, but possible)

good luck

Hard of Hearing Advocates 245 Prospect Street, Framingham MA 01701
Phone: (508) 875-8662 Fax: (508) 875-0145, Email: hoha@charter.net